Make Your Own Natural Skin Cream


Have you ever read the ingredients in store bought skin creams? Truly atrocious!

Here are two general rules when it comes to ingredients in beauty products:
1). If you do not recognize what it is, it is most likely toxic and should be avoided.
2).  If you should not eat it, you should not be putting it on your skin.

Whatever you put on your skin gets absorbed into your blood stream so you might as well be ingesting it.

Some the common toxic ingredients found in most store bought skin creams regardless of the price, from budget creams to the high button shoe variety, are:

  Parabens, Propylene Glycol,  Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Synthetic Fragrances, Triethanolamine (TEA)/Diethanolamine (DEA), Behentrimonium Chloride, Aluminum.

Those are just a few of the long list and these things can cause a plethora of health issues such as rashes, kidney and liver damage, urinary tract and bladder infections, and cancer.  That is just a sampling of the health impact of these detrimental ingredients.

Like most things these days, it can be hard to find truly all natural and non-toxic skin creams so your best option is to make your own so you know exactly what is in them.

Below is my own personal recipe of the skin cream that I have been making and using for several years. It can be used for more than just the face and I will go over that later in this article. Though I rarely really had bad skin, even as a teen, I have still seen a vast improvement from when I was using any of the previous stuff from the "high quality" name brands to the lower priced store bought ones. I am in my 50's now and constantly get compliments on my skin - I did not hear these kind of compliments in my 20's and 30's.


Here is what you will need:
*Avocado, almond, or grapeseed oil- preferably infused with skin benefiting herbs such as pansies, marshmallow leaves and flowers, calendula, and/or dandelion flowers.  The oil I use in mine is Chosen Foods Avocado oil that has been infused with my own organically grown pansies, calendula, and marshmallow. 

Other ingredients you will need are:
*Beeswax  
 Pellets are easiest to work with but you can chop or grate from a block
*Essential oils of choice that are great for skin such as tea tree, ylang ylang, frankincense, grapefruit, rosemary, and/or lavender

Almond oil is a good option for extra dry skin while grape seed is a lighter oil more suitable for oily skin. I find avocado oil to be somewhere in the middle and that is why I choose that one, but all are great.

 Since I sell my skin cream, I usually make a decent sized batch at a time so I will give you the measurements in parts so you can easily adjust to make as little or as much as you like. 

1 part shea butter, 1 part beeswax, 2 parts herb infused (if able) oil of choice,  2 parts coconut oil.
Put all ingredients in a stainless steel pot. Add in several drops of your choice of essential oils and melt together on a medium low heat using a whisk to blend thoroughly.

The amount of essential oils you use will be up to you based on your needs but to give you an idea of how much I use, I put in one capful of each in a batch that equals a total of  3 cups.
Once it is melted and fully blended, you can choose to allow it to cool for a bit then pour directly into your choice of container, or you can do it the way I do by setting it in the fridge for 10-15 minute increments and mix with a  hand mixer to make it more creamy.  I do not allow it to come to a hard set as I want to be able to get it into the jars easily and neatly.

Here is how the consistency looks when putting it into my jars:

Though I initially came up with this skin cream to be used on my face, I use it for so much more than that.  It is great for helping to heal up cracked areas from heavy use such as around my fingers and heels of my feet.  It makes a wonderful lip balm and is very good to use on extra dry areas such as elbows and knees.  It even makes a great eye make up remover that because of its natural and non petroleum based ingredients, does not bother the eyes.

You can also check out my how to video on my skin cream right here:



I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful.  If would like to purchase some of my skin cream you can contact me at raincountryhomestead@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time Faithful Reader and have a wonderful day! ~Heidi

Other posts you may enjoy:
Benefits of Pansies

Make Your Own Organic Nutmilk
Make Your Own Face Makeup Powder

Check out my Amazon Store for some great product recommendations

Comments

  1. Thanks to share this post it is very helpful to edit comments. Dark Circles Under Eye cream available on Triderma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you've done a superb job with this. Also, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Safari. Exceptional Blog!chamomilla 6x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. If you are searching for best formulyst review then click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geriatric Care and Precision Medicine lies in the customization and personalized approach to skincare for elderly individuals. Precision Medicine involves tailoring medical treatment and interventions based on an individual's unique genetic artizhel makeup, lifestyle, and environmental factors. Similarly, natural skin creams designed for geriatric care may incorporate precision medicine principles by considering the specific needs, sensitivities, and conditions of older individuals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wonderful Uses and Benefits of Wooly Lamb's Ear

Marshmallow: Root Harvest and More

Grape Leaves Health Benefits and Uses