Homemade Healthy Creamsicles!

Mr. Rain loves his ice cream and though we do splurge on some from time to time, I mostly try to offer a more healthy alternative.  Though I have made ice cream off and on for several years, I find the homemade creamsicles to be so much easier and just as satisfying.  
 
 *fudgesicle and blueberry-lemon creamsicle

When I decided to start making them, I did not have any recipe to follow but instead came up with my own method using whatever fruits and such that I had on hand.  Sometimes it is with home canned fruits such as peaches or plums.  Sometimes it is with berries from our garden I had frozen in pint size packs such as raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries or the wild picked blackberries.  I have even used my purreed garden pumpkin with spices such as cinnamon and cloves. Other times I use things like organic cacao powder, organic peanut butter powder, coconut, or a few healthy seeds like hemp or chia.  

 *Strawberry creamsicles

The basic recipe is very simple and though I really do not measure, I can give you a pretty good idea of the ratios.

Starting with my fruit based recipe, I use 2-3 cups of fruit and put this in the blender.  The fruit can be fresh, canned, or frozen. 


 Here, I am using home canned red plums from a couple of years ago. For these, I drained out the liquid. I took the liquid and added one of my fermentation starters to and will let it sit for a few days for a yummy fermented drink.



I then add 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream and 1 cup organic milk or raw goat milk.
 If needing a bit of sweetness, I will add either 1/4 cup of organic coconut sugar, organic cane sugar, raw honey, or a few organic Medjool dates.


Process on high until very smooth
Then pour into popsicle molds of your choice.  I really like these Zoku molds as they each have their own separate sleeve. So easy to use. 

One can also simply pour into half pint jars, allow to freeze partially or fully, and eat with a spoon.  This is often what I do with any excess after filling all the molds.
  
Other suggestions are pineapple-coconut (which I will have a video coming out soon on my youtube channel), peanut butter-chocolate, banana-chocolate, blueberry-lemon, pumpkin spice, strawberry vanilla, raspberry-vanilla, and whatever you can dream up with what you have!

 Here is a video on how I make my fudgesicles:


I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for stopping by! ~Heidi



 Other posts you may enjoy:

How to Make a Fermentation Starter

How to Make a Vitamin Mineral Extract
Garden Reflections and Lessons Learned 



Also check out
Our Amazon Store

Comments

  1. Hello Heidi thank you for the wonderful recipes that you share everyday. I am very interested in the fermentation process so I'm really going to try to try these recipes. Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wonderful Uses and Benefits of Wooly Lamb's Ear

Marshmallow: Root Harvest and More

Grape Leaves Health Benefits and Uses